The aim of this project was to add remote-control convenience to the hi-fi without compromising sound quality. Additionally, multichannel operation is supported.
In-depth project details
- Overview - Introduction to the pre-amplifier.
- User Interface - How to operate the device.
- Analogue circuit design - Full details of the chosen solution.
- Control circuits - The PIC-based control system.
- Power supply - Design of the power supply.
- Construction - Assembling the pre-amp in a 1U rack case.
- Full Schematics - Complete circuit details.
- Initial Plans - Detailing some of the early thought processes.
- Analogue Research - How I arrived at the PGA2310.
- Preamp FAQ - Please check here if you have questions about this project.
Links to similar projects
- Krzysztof Marcinek's 7.1 Preamp - A multichannel preamp which incorporates a USB DAC.
- Daniel Clark's 7.1 Preamp - An excellent example of the PGA2310 in a multichannel preamp...
Has this project inspired you to build something similar? If so, please let me know and I'll link to it from here...