After building the Micro-Amp, I was not only impressed with the performance of the LM4780, but also felt ready to tackle a more ambitious metalwork project. This is the result: four channels, with options for bi-amping and bridging.
In-depth project details
- Overview - Introduction to the amplifier.
- Analogue circuit design - Implementing the LM4780.
- Control circuits - The PIC-based control system.
- Power supply - Details of the custom-made torroid and the power supply.
- Construction - Building the the enclosure from "recycled" materials.
- Conclusions - So far I'm impressed!
- Full Schematics - Complete circuit details.